Since Nikon never released the DLs...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JJoyce4699
JJoyce4699 Regular Member • Posts: 207
Since Nikon never released the DLs...

If others are in the same boat, I wanted to share an experience.

I wanted a travel camera with a faster lens in the 24-70 range. That is 80% of my shooting.

Sold my J5 and 6.7-13 & ended up with a Canon G7X II. I kept my V3 & 10-100 & these two are now my travel pair. For wide I have been doing panos with my iPhone so the 6.7-13 use was low. Kept the V3 over the J5 because of the speed of operation, EVF and ergonomics with the grip making it a two wheel camera.

I do miss the focus speed a bit, the Canon is fast but not N1 fast. You can set this camera to focus all the time & that helps a ton.

Was doing some testing yesterday and it is impressive what can be pulled on a RAW. Guess this is due to the Sony sensor. This is on par with what I could pull on my J5.  This was a few minutes in DxO

So far I am happy with this choice, build is nice, the covered grip makes the camera easy to hold. Especially happy with the size, it fits in a cargo short pocket.

JJoyce4699's gear list:JJoyce4699's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Canon G7 X II Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow