No D850 issues being reported anywhere

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
russbarnes Senior Member • Posts: 1,595
No D850 issues being reported anywhere

We talk about the BETA testers of any product on this forum. I bought a D800 via pre-order when it was released (very exciting times back then) but wouldn't do it again because it had to go back and in the end I sold the one I had from the early original batch, buying another later (and a D800E) to replace it which worked perfectly. In truth the AF was probably not quite up to the sensor in my view. I bought a D810 after the 'long exposure dots' problem had been resolved by Nikon and I've loved using it for a few years. I already sold my D810 recently in order to help raise funds for the D850 which I am certain to buy sooner or later, I also have a D500 and and infrared converted D800 which will keep me in cameras in the interim.

I've been waiting to see if any defects or issues raise their head before going in on the D850 and I've seen nothing so far anywhere, on any professional review, on any board etc etc. Does everyone agree?

It looks to me like the initial BETA period is now a PASS - my opinion is it looks very safe to buy based on what I've seen. I think a big part of this is the fact that the AF has been tried and tested in the D5 and D500, the body styling and no doubt a lot of electronics come from the D500, the ISO performance worked out in the D810, so in effect that's where the D850 has really had it's testing done - it's an evolutionary camera bringing together the best aspects of everything around it with a few new tricks thrown in. Has anyone spotted any issues which have themes out there?

The only residual problem that the D850 looks like it has to me is being able to actually get hold of oneĀ 

russbarnes's gear list:russbarnes's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G +5 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D500 Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow