Took 5D Mark IV out for a short spin

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pawn Senior Member • Posts: 1,726
Took 5D Mark IV out for a short spin

Hi

I recently upgraded from 5D Mark III --> Mark IV and took it out for a spin this morning.

When I arrived at the location, it was dark. The fact that Mark IV is the same (operational) as Mark III is a plus. I was able to shoot in the dark w/o ever reading the manual.  My existing wireless controller worked.  Live view works as expected.  Operationally, I felt like I was shooting with Mark III.

The touch screen is great: intuitive and just works.

When taking landscape pictures, I use tripod and live view. Focus in live view was assured. I did not see any hesitation (not that I was in hurry).

More MP helps as well since it allows some cropping latitude.

I did not notice any weight differences between the two cameras.

In the (OK not great) image below, I raised shadow (+81 in lightroom) which I could not do it (or dared to do it) with Mark III:

One thing I noticed:

at the bottom at the above image near the bridge there is a dark smear spot. Not sure what that is. I don't see it in the image below which is a HDR of four exposures.  Hopefully, it was just a reflection of something and not a sensor issue.

I am looking forward to try out DPAF in video.  Since it works great on my M5, I expect that it will work the same way.

Overall, it is just a joy using the camera.

FYI: photography is just a hobby for me.

Duy

-- hide signature --
 pawn's gear list:pawn's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow