Epson 3880 giving false errors

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvtv Junior Member • Posts: 31
Epson 3880 giving false errors

I've been printing on my 3880 for about five years. Yes, I have refilled oem carts by resetting the chips... I can hear the eyes rolling.

I haven't used the machine in two years. When I turned it on, it wasn't showing any PK ink until finally I did my first ever power clean. After the printer made me swear on a Bible that Epson was not responsible for anything because I was not using genuine ink, I was printing again. But then the 3880 threw a no maintenance tank error. Reset the chip..same thing. Finally, I purchased a new waste tank, but same error. I have researched this problem and have tried all the resetting methods for about a week now. During my research I remember someone saying this type of problem isn't a maintenance cart error at all, but can't find it again. I also discovered that if you pull out the front carriage, all the ink carts show full until you push it in and then there's my friend the no maintenance cart error.

I also might mention that there has been no Ink flowing to the new waste tank pad in numerous restarts of the machine. Once again, I have done that open the door, close it, take the carts out or whatever routine tons of times no. Anyone?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow