New A6300 with dead pixel in EVF (viewfinder)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
litetaker
litetaker Regular Member • Posts: 301
New A6300 with dead pixel in EVF (viewfinder)

Hello folks! I finally upgraded my NEX-5T to a A6300 and I am liking it a lot. It is only a week old now, and unfortunately I noticed a dead pixel on the EVF today while I was reviewing photos. I am certain that it is a dead pixel on the EVF and not an issue with the sensor because the dark spot is at the same place even if I move the image around. I don't see any such issues with the LCD or any additional dead pixels. Here is a picture for reference: (the dead pixel is at the center of the red circle)

Dead pixel in new A6300 EVF!

I bought the camera from B&H Photo Video and I think their policy is to inform them of any damage due to transit or missing items within 2 business days after delivery. It is a few days more than that so I don't think I can report this. But even otherwise, I am not sure if they consider this an acceptable reason as their policy seems more about damage to the camera or packaging due to transit and not an electronic defect.

Is this such a big deal to return or get a replacement? Are dead pixels common for this camera? It is not really a big deal for me and it is only noticeable in uniformly lit pictures with the bottom right being exposed to uniform light. But I just want your thoughts on what I should do with this defect. I took about 117 pictures with the shutter so far (and some with electronic shutter).

-- hide signature --
 litetaker's gear list:litetaker's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
NEX-5T Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow