From SONY NEX 5N APSC to FF A7ii

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DepthoField New Member • Posts: 1
From SONY NEX 5N APSC to FF A7ii

Dear all,

I've been shooting with the SONY NEX5N for the last ~6 years and manual Canon FD glass (for a about a year) via a Focal Reducer and I am very much pleased with the results.

I am currently considering updating my setup to a new camera body, that of an Alpha 7ii (with no need for Focal Reducers as its already an FF sensor) and maintaining my Canon FD glass.

I own the following Canon FD lenses - all fast primes:

35mm nFD f2

50mm nFD f1.4

85mm nFD 1.8

135mm nFD 2.0

I have printed my photos with professional services on A3 with very good results.

Questions:

1. Would 24mp on FF without Focal R and Manual Lenses perform better than 16mp on APSC with FR and manual lenses - in terms of image quality? Note: I have read that these older lenses perform better with FRs - certainly in the centre (corners aside).

2. Will there actually be better ISO performance in low light (Noise reduction) - Note: better than that of an APSC with FR at equivalent settings?

3. Will Chromatic Aberration be reduced on A7ii vs my current setup when shooting wide open at 1.4etc

Please can you kindly offer your views based on your experience with these systems and lenses.

Appreciated.

C.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow