E-mount for Nikon MILC, good idea or not?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,163
Re: E-mount for Nikon MILC, good idea or not?

Parhelic wrote:

I heard some people claim Nikon should use E-mount for the new MILC system.

Because E-mount already has plenty of lens and users. Nikon can also make adapter ring for DSLR lens.

me first, I don't think it's a good idea. And I don't feel comfortable even just thinking about it.

What do you think?

As a multiple system user I always dream about to have a system that can share lenses and accessories, in this case, I own both Nikon and Sony and Canon, so it would be GREAT if Nikon use E-mount. that's exactly one of the main reason I got into the A7R II, I am mostly shooting Nikon and Canon and Zeiss lenses on my Sony, I can only dream about to mount my Canon TSE 17 and 24 on my SOny without the need of a Metabones or MC11, and I can mount my AIS 50 1.2, 105 F2, 105DC, 300 PF on the A7R II without adapter. or the other way arount, mounting my Sony 85GM, Loxia 21, Batis 135 on a Nikon new Mirrorless, that will be great. but it will never happen.

However, this is more of a wishful thinking, I think Nikon would NEVER develop a camera using " someone" else's lens mount.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow