Canon 70D Video Focus?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Digby Head New Member • Posts: 8
Canon 70D Video Focus?

Hi all,

This is my second post and I am hoping for some more great advice from the forum.

I am attempting to record a video with my Canon 70D where I am sitting behind a desk approx 4 metres away from the camera. In

automatic mode the camera keeps attempting to focus and when I gesticulate with my hands it looses focus on my face.

However when I switch to manual mode the vast camera settings overwhelm me and I'm not sure what settings I should be prioristising. Also the same problem happens but different: less pronounced.

Is it possible to either set the camera to focus on my face or on a specific part of the image?  Are there any other settings I should be wary of?

I am really a beginner so some advice tailored to a dummy would be perfect!

Also I am using an external monitor connected via HDMI. However when I plug in the HDMI cable the camera display switches off. Is it possible to have both the camera display *and* the hdmi connected monitor?

Cheers,
Digby Head

Digby Head's gear list:Digby Head's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow