I bought new legacy lenses

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Suave Senior Member • Posts: 1,456
Re: I bought new legacy lenses

Sjak wrote:

Suave wrote:

As to the NOS stuff, it's been decades since these lenses went out of production. It's hard for me to believe that there are supplies left.

That's a viable line of thought. However, I still find NOS car part from models that most people don't even remember anymore. So it is very well possible that there are some never sold, or never used, lenses out there too. Actually not so long ago I bought a never used Jupiter 11, and for a very reasonable price at that.

Re. OPs comments of ebay going downhill: I can relate to that too. Years ago, ebay was mainly filled with small sellers with interesting vintage stuff. Now it is overtaken by bulk sellers of nobrand junk.

The difference is that car parts stores never really have gone out of business, whereas cameras stores are long gone.   So, yes, somewhere in Iowa there's a garage owner whose great grandfather ordered a headlight for Ford T that a customer never picked, but that's not the case with the camera gear.

Suave's gear list:Suave's gear list
Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow