Early winter at Yellowstone

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richard B.
Richard B. Veteran Member • Posts: 5,722
Early winter at Yellowstone

I went out to Yellowstone and Grand Teton for a few days. I was hoping get some fall landscape shots, but what I encountered was an early dose of Winter Temperatures were down towards freezing and the higher elevations were receiving snow.

I was based in Mammoth and unfortunately there are only two roads south to the rest of the park. One of these was closed due to repairs, leaving only the Dunravin pass (9,800 ft above sea level) as the only route from Mammoth to the rest of the park. With the intermittent closures on the Dunravin pass due to snow, I had limited access to the lower half of the park and I abandoned my planed trip to Grand Teton completely. On the plus side, I did get to spend more time at Mammoth Hot Springs and I was able to get some nice early winter snow scenes.

Anyway a few shots from the trip.

On the Mammoth - Tower Road

On the Mammoth - Tower Road

Dead Pines At Lower Geyser Basin

Mammoth Hot Springs, Main Terrace

Canary Spring

All shots with the DA Ltds and K-5 IIs.

For anyone interested the full gallery is at http://www.rbpics.com/yellowstone2017 .

-- hide signature --
 Richard B.'s gear list:Richard B.'s gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +6 more
Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow