Is there a difference between the way X-T2 and the X-T20 display exposure values in real time?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matthew Miller
Matthew Miller Senior Member • Posts: 1,311
Is there a difference between the way X-T2 and the X-T20 display exposure values in real time?

See this question on Stack Exchange. The request is for the EVF (or LCD) to show the metered shutter or aperture values in real time, before the shutter is half-pressed, on an X-T20.

My X-T2 behaves this way, and when I went to look at my X-T10 that I keep as a backup, I remembered that it doesn't. Instead, the areas for parameters set to A are just blank until you press the shutter.

I don't think I have anything set differently, and I went through all the options looking, but it's a possibility. I can't find anything documented, either, and weirdly, can't find forum discussion anywhere either. The X-T20 is, of course, newer than the X-T2, so it's not something they've decided to add in to all newer models. And the X-T2 is supposed to have the same image processor, so it's not likely to be a performance thing, either.

Can anyone shed light on this? Is it something reserved for the higher model for marketing reasons? Or have I just missed a setting?

-- hide signature --

Matthew Miller « http://mattdm.org/ »

Matthew Miller's gear list:Matthew Miller's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Fujifilm X-T10 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow