How many batteries (and chargers?) do you bring? (EM-1 mk I)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EspE1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,051
How many batteries (and chargers?) do you bring? (EM-1 mk I)

The EM-1 mkI that just recently plopped into my camera bag seems to be among tbe more power hungry cameras (at least relatively to the capacity of the camera battery).

As I'm soon to leave for a several days leisure trip where photography is the main activity, that makes me wonder how many batteries are necessary to bring - from the actual experience of those of you who have used this camera for some time now?

On such trips we often return to the hotel room late in the evening for sleep only, and leave again after breakfast. According to the manual the BCN-1 charger should use about 3 hours to recharge a fully drained BLN-1 battery, which make me wonder whether it will be necessary to bring also several (of the exorbitantly overpriced Olympus) chargers?

(I'm aware of discussions on use of non-original batteries/chargers (that in general seems to have slightly less capacity) to save cost, but we do not need to get into a discussion of pro et contra about this in partcular here.)

EspE1's gear list:EspE1's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
SGA
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow