The celebration continues (EX1)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peadingle
Peadingle Contributing Member • Posts: 669
The celebration continues (EX1)

Yes, I still occasionally feel a bit sad when I think of Samsung pulling out of the camera business, but being a 'glass half full' person, I focus more on what I get from my EX1 (than what I may be missing from a potential replacement).

This quirky little marvel continues to amaze me (even after 6 years) with some of the images that it produces. I enter a local photo challenge, and this month the subject is 'Ground level'. These says, I tend to use my Canon G1X, more so when I need the larger sensor. But it's Achilles heel is it's terrible close focusing, and with any shot close to the ground, we will need that close focusing so that the foreground is not too blurred. So I resolved to take all the pictures for this challenge using the EX1, and I hope that you will agree, it hasn't disappointed.

The time for reviews, and discussions about Samsung cameras is probably over, but there is no reason not to celebrate how good they are by posting pictures that are still being taken with them. Long live the EX1/2.

-- hide signature --

"https://www.flickr.com/photos/6pix/"

Not  much light in these gorgeous woods (Great Wood, Quantocks, Somerset, UK) so I put the EX1 on a Gorilla pod.

B&W courtesy of Silver Effex Pro2

Our little seaside town has been much benefited from some (organized) graffiti.

An early morning shot just after the tide had been in.

Taken at West Porlock on the Somerset coast.

I had stopped to take pictures of Exmoor when I saw this cyclist approaching.

A 'wait for the right moment' shot.

Just after the challenge was announced, we had a parade of classic cars along the seafront.

The town church seen from the local public gardens.

A closer look at St Andrew's Church.

Peadingle's gear list:Peadingle's gear list
Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
Samsung TL500 (EX1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow