12-60mm f2.8-4 SWD 4/3 or 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 or 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JW PHOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,860
12-60mm f2.8-4 SWD 4/3 or 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 or 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 II

To some here this might seem like a stupid question since these are all 4/3 lenses and not M4/3.  I still use an old E1 and E-300, but have recently entered into the M4/3 arena with an E-M5II.  So, I'd like to cover both systems with one of these lenses.  Years ago I had the first version of the 14-54mm and was very happy with it.  Unfortunately I sold all my 4/3's gear and moved to full-frame Canon.  Now I'm unloading most of the other digital gear I have and coming back to the 4/3's and M4/3's camp.This is the question I have with regards to the lenses mentioned above.

1.  Image quality of the three compared.

2.  Handling, weather sealing and operation.

3.  Which of the three will work best with my new E-M5II via the adapter.

Like I said, I have only experienced the 14-54mm first version so I'm relying on others here as to the 12-60mm SWD and the second version of the 14-54mm.    I recently bought the 50-200mm ED f2.8-3.5 and it's just an awesome lens and works fine on my E-M5II.  The focus is a tad slow and sometimes it does a little hunting, but I'm not shooting for Sports Illustrated so that doesn't bother me.  Image quality does and the 50-200mm no problems there.  I'm open to suggestions on these three lenses and no others.  Yes, I know the newer M4/3 lenses (I already have some) are better in many respects, but I don't care about those.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow