Advice needed regarding UPS

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stomrunner Contributing Member • Posts: 512
Advice needed regarding UPS

So I ordered a camera from Canon, it's been shipped and will be delivered next Tuesday. Signature is required. We don't get home from work until pretty late in the day, usually 7 or 8, and that's later than their delivery window. I will leave on Thursday for a business trip for a week.

So UPS will try to deliver the package on Tue, Wed, Thurs, and then hold it for pick up for 5 days. The wife is happy to go pick this up for me on Friday or Saturday, but the guy at UPS told me her drivers license will need to show the same address as the shipping address, but both our licenses show our previous address.

What should I do? Should I call Canon and ask them to contact UPS and add the wife's name or drop the signature requirement? Write a letter designating the wife as my representative? Maybe have her bring our property tax bill and marriage certificate?

Edit: well, just called UPS, they told me I need to call Canon to make arrangements with them directly. I called Canon and they told me they can't modify the order in any way. Well these people are just crazy.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow