85 Shots of Nothing

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CX Bob
CX Bob Senior Member • Posts: 1,268
85 Shots of Nothing

(The sub-title of this post is 'American Robins and Eternal Optimism'!)

I was at the local park today, and saw some robins thoroughly enjoying a large puddle left over from some overnight rain.  It was an unseasonably hot day, and a frolicking sort of bath was exactly what was needed.
Lacking the 70-300, I figured I'd set the V1 close to the puddle on a tripod and try to get a shot using the 'keyfob' infrared release.  In practice, this didn't work.  Although this release has a better range than Nikon officially suggests, it wasn't enough for me to retreat far enough away to be in shade and avoid heatstroke.  And even if I had been willing to do this, it was such a bright day that I couldn't see the screen well enough to confirm that the remote had actually released the camera at whatever 'safe' distance I might have chosen.  
So then I figured "Let's give the intervalometer a try!"  I'll start the camera firing and hope the birds come back before it stops.  It was a noble effort, but no luck.
Still, I'm not going to let the 85 identical worthless photos (one of them below) discourage me.  As the lottery people say, "You've got to play to win!"  

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow