great lenses - landscapes • street • portrait

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
michalpta New Member • Posts: 9
great lenses - landscapes • street • portrait

Hello, 
I've just bought Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II (and I'm getting rid of my EOS 600D + 18 - 135 mm set lens f3.5 - f5.6) and I am looking for a few great lenses.

Till now I was used to that huge zoom possibilities, but I think it's time to grow up a bit again and learn how to think about scenery in a different way (and without a large zoom).
So, I am deciding on two or three lenses, one for wonderful landscapes (and some architecture), one for street and nature photography and also for some architecture shots, and in the end, something with a bit higher focal length, I think mostly for portraits, but also for some closer looks at birds who are brave enough to come a bit closer, and so on.

There's my (not so much up-to date gallery) for you to imagine what may pictures may I take usually. However, there are no portraits, I haven't published them anywhere yet, I need to practise much more.

My budget is around 1300€. I know that it's not much for three great lenses, but that's all I could save up during the summer. I think I don't need AF on the landscape one, I can focus manually, and if I find only two, even one, wonderful lens exactly fitting my budget, I will buy the third (second) one later.

I thought at first about only one prime lens - the Oly 25 mm f1.2, but then I started disliking this idea a bit, because I don't find this focal length particularly interesting, but the aperture and image quality are breathtaking I have to say. Then my searching got so mixed up that I can't decide basically on anything. I have decided I would come here, so maybe some of you might be very much helpful to me with picking new lenses for my new camera.
Thanks a lot, 
M.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Olympus 25mm F1.2 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow