Why isn't my amazing 35 1.4 not sharp anymore???

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,339
Why isn't my amazing 35 1.4 not sharp anymore???

Hi guys,

I did an event last week and lots of the photos came out soft/blurry.  I said to myself fine it must have been me by not applying faster shutter speed, so I let it go.

I have another event today and I took some photos to double check this issue and out of pure curiosity I took some photos imported them in LR and the photos are indeed soft/blurry wide open.  90% of the times I use this lens to shoot wide open, that's why I bought it for but I did stop it down just a little to 2.8 and still a bit soft.

What happened to my sharpness?  These lenses don't need AF fine tuning, correct?  If something went bad in the lens what kind of repair do you think it might need?  I did check the XT1 camera to make sure no dirt or something is on the sensor and also checked the front and rear glass on the 35 1.4 and everything is perfectly fine.

I will say that I have shot thousands of photos with this lens so it is possible the lens is starting die on me?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K-1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow