Considering selling fuji xt2 for x100f

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fujilover83 New Member • Posts: 18
Considering selling fuji xt2 for x100f

Hello everyone,

I know this is subjective but I currently have an XT2 with 35 f2 and 23 f2 and 18-55 lenses.

A photographer is interested in buying all of my gear at a very good price and I am considering downsizing to the x100f plus having a decent chunk of cash leftover. I think I have 'too much' camera with the xt2 even though I am very happy about it with the 35f2. I'm not overly pleased with the 23f2 since it does not have a lot of close focus ability and I really miss that from my x100t. However, when I had an x100t I found it too slow for my fast moving toddler, hence the upgrade to the xt-2.

I find it wasteful to have the 18-55 and 23f2 sitting around a lot of the time and also even though the xt2 isn't large, I sometimes don't throw it in my bag and bring it out due to the size.

I see that the autofocus of the x100f is improved over the x100t but it is still not exactly on par with the xt2 23f2 combo. However, even during running episodes I miss the speed of my Nikon d90 and would consider adding a cheaper slr down the line just for those action moments.

Can I please get your thoughts on this move, the main use would be family photos, pics of my kiddo at home/out and occasional photos for friends. I am helping take some portrait friends for a friends wedding this weekend.

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100T Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow