E-M1 repair price in Canada

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
djmitchella Regular Member • Posts: 207
E-M1 repair price in Canada

I just sent my E-M1 (mk1) off for shutter repair; it already had 220,000+ shutter activations when I got it (used, out of warranty, and fairly cheap as a result), so it wasn't a terribly big surprise when a few weeks ago the shutter locked closed and it wouldn't turn on any more. I posted it to the repair place last Tuesday, it arrived back to me today (Thursday).

Final price was CDN$243.52, and what they did was:

"REPLACED EVF LCD,TOP COVER ASSEMBLY,REAR DIAL ENCODER,SHUTTER ASSEMBLY.ADJUSTED SHUTTER SPEED,IMAGE STABILIZER,UPDATED FIRMWARE,TESTED AND CLEANED."

I'd listed the shutter and rear dial on the repair submission so I was expecting that; the new EVF LCD was an unexpected bonus, as was the new top plate (it was super brassed before, so now it has less character, but also looks a lot newer).  I'm not sure what they did to the shutter speed / IS, but it seems to be working very nicely again now.

(to be honest, I'm mostly posting this so that anyone else wondering about repair cost has something they can find with Google. As far as I know it's a fixed price for however much repairing needs doing; I filled out their form, posted it off, got a quote for the repair, approved it and gave them a credit card, and then a bit later the camera returned to me).

The only downside is that all my settings have gone away, so now I have to remember what it was I'd customised..

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow