Leica 100mm F/2.8 APO Macro Elmarit 3 Cam with new AF adapter?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terryreid
terryreid Contributing Member • Posts: 687
Leica 100mm F/2.8 APO Macro Elmarit 3 Cam with new AF adapter?

I really like my 100 STF super sharp and a good focal length but too slow much of the time.

100mm is a good fit between my 85 or 90 and Batis 135.

I have no use for any more FL below 100mm except possibly the Voigtlander 40 1.2 and have been curious to try a Leica. The only one that make any sense for me is the Leica 100mm F/2.8 APO Macro Elmarit 3 Cam and from everything I have read it is one of the best lenses every made. I want it for the 100mm lens but will also use Macro but I already have the 90 macro and 100 STF and 135 STF

Now that there is a compact AF adapter for our Sony's I am ready to pull the trigger but am looking for any feedback from others who may have had experience with Leica lenses particularly this one. I looked at M lenses to but all the stuff I read keeps bringing me back to this one since I have 12mm to 100mm covered. I use 85 to 135 so unless this lens is not as sharp render as good my 70-200 or 100-400gm the only reason is for size and weight but that is a considerable reason at only 2.87 x 4.11& 26.8 oz it's just a smidge bigger than my Loxia 85mm.

Can old glass like this equal the new GM and Zeiss offerings?

-- hide signature --

Please do not put words in my mouth. Nothing can be further from the truth.

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a9 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow