Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 ZA Teardown

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueBomberTurbo Senior Member • Posts: 1,329
Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 ZA Teardown

Had to happen sooner or later. And of course, on my most expensive lens. Dropped it onto pavement or concrete (right at the edge of a walkway, so not sure which) at a wedding this weekend. Being the adventurous sort, I took to disassembling the lens in an attempt to get to the failure, a displaced aperture blade:

On the bright side, I was able to keep shooting throughout the rest of the day with the lens, since I mostly shoot wide open with it. Finally fully jammed at the end of the day, though, so I had to dive in. I'll probably send it out to get the aperture section put back in shape, as everything in there is microscopic and springy. Just thought nosy people like me would be interested to see what's going on inside our lenses.

BlueBomberTurbo's gear list:BlueBomberTurbo's gear list
Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow