Is micro four thirds on its way out?

Started Sep 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
Jefftan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,020
Re: We're in too deep now

Marty4650 wrote:

Olympus and Panasonic really suckered us in by creating so many wonderful lenses in their M4/3 lens mount. And since the 4/3 sensor is smaller than APSC and Full Frame, most of these lenses would be useless if adapted to a larger sensor camera.

Many of us... myself included.... are too deeply invested in lenses now to be tempted to switch to something else. Especially if that something else was only marginally better.

I'm not really tempted to switch to anything else. I like this system just the way it is.

What u said is the real problem.

If a system is not attractive to new owner but only for those that have heavier investment in lens, so forced to use it (remind me of Canon/Nikon)

If someone don't have a camera/lens right now and buy a new camera.

Who will buy a 16MP MFT camera instead of a much larger sensor APS-C A6000?

I won't and I would advice all my friends/family the same.  Among the people I know I am the most knowledgeable of photography

It would be in a state of decline as some would eventually got fed up, sold all lens and move to other system, now new comers would come in to take the void

exactly because of what u said, it would be slowly declining and slowly dying system

the industry is very competitive now and no time left to waste. If Olympus/Panasonic still releasing 16MP "new" camera, it would have zero chance for any real future

they better change immediately

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
sbu
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow