A7RII & 24-70 GM - what on earth are these in my photo??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jr Regular Member • Posts: 130
A7RII & 24-70 GM - what on earth are these in my photo??

So, I've started to have issues with my A7Rii.  It seems to change the settings in Manual Mode by itself. When it actually dangles and I bring it up back to my eye, the settings have changed (shutter speed). I change them back, put the camera back up to my eye, and they change again. I changed the dials (switched the shutter/aperture dials) then the aperture started to change on it's own.

Anyway, I've been trying to get a break between jobs to send it in.  Had another wedding and something really strange happened.  For the first 2 hrs of shooting, the camera was fine. Then during ceremony, THIS happened!!!  Look at those two black areas (upper right, lower left)!!!!  I didn't change the lens.  It just started to happen.  This was my 24-70 GM lens.  Turned cam off, back on, same issue.  Took lens off, put it back on, same issue.

Figured, I'll just crop and I also had my a6500 as backup so wasn't TOO worried, but it defenetly concerned me.  Then, ceremony over.. take a little break (15 min), started shooting again and those black areas went away.  I didn't change anything!  Haven't seen them sense. 2 1hr shoots after that wedding and haven't seen them.

FYI: the black areas did go out of frame when I zoomed in from 24.  Not sure how much, I didn't notice.  So, it was something only seen at 24 and a little above.  But what is that? Anyone know??

Sony a6500 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow