Is micro four thirds on its way out?

Started Sep 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
GodSpeaks Forum Pro • Posts: 13,768
MFT is just fine

Even when (not if) Nikon and Canon get serious about mirrorless, it will be quite some time before they can match what MFT offers today, and by then MFT will have advanced further.

Whether the 4/3 sensor size is right for you would depend on what it is you hope to achieve in your photography and what you intend to do with your images.

At the moment, MFT offers the greatest depth and breath of bodies and lenses of any mirrorless format.

I bought the Panasonic GF1 as my first foray into MFT.  I wasn't sold on it then, I was just trying it out as it intrigued me.  It took a couple of generations before I realized that MFT, and Panasonic in particular, was exactly what I was looking for in a second system (I have owned and used Nikon since the late 70's).  Today, I am all in with MFT.

Today, MFT offers a solid buy for anyone that is looking for a good system to buy into.  It is not going away anytime soon.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +49 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
sbu
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow