D850 - Best Inside seems like the safest setting Church Settings

Started Sep 22, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cammot1 Regular Member • Posts: 101
D850 - Best Inside seems like the safest setting Church Settings

Excited to get my D850 today thru our local camera shop.  Setting up the camera seemed straight forward and intuitive similar d810, d700 etc, but I am somewhat overwhelmed  in my efforts to set it up right for our grandson’s christening this coming sunday.  I am seeking suggestions for the best settings for inside the church.  The church is not a dimly lit as there a few skylights.  I am looking to try and get nice clear bright images.  I am assumimg that I will be allowed to use my flash, as have in the past.   Because my expierence is limited, I am not sure how to best set up the shoots.  I am thinking perhaps the safest would be to set to A, let the camera choose the shutter speed and apeture, and perhaps also auto ISO.  It sounds simple, but I know I could do much better than this !!.  Auto ISO is not always the best option, and there are other settings that I can set for better outcome.   I will be using the 24-70 zoom for the most part, and also have the 14-24 which might not be the right lens.  Any help with setting would be greatly appreated.

Thanks.

cammot1's gear list:cammot1's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +1 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow