Focus peaking ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lickity split
lickity split Senior Member • Posts: 4,083
Focus peaking ??

I was playin with the camera for about an hour today at a local store and I was able to get the focus peaking to work OK but it doesn't really show up on all things that are in focus, flat even colored surfaces it wouldn't show anything . I tried all three setting and different colors but results were always pretty much the same . Edges showed up on some things and not on others it was kinda hit or miss , A cap on a soda bottle was a no-go regardless of background used and just adjusting focus on my sneaker only certain parts would be highlighted but others would never be highlighted even if it was in focus

I never used a camera with this feature before so it may be totally normal and maybe  my expectations were a little to high the lighting in the store wasn't the best but I dunno .. If I'm missing something clue me in cause this is one of the things that interest me about the camera, I'm gonna return with a card and lens check it out again...

lickity split's gear list:lickity split's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow