Is micro four thirds on its way out?

Started Sep 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
samtheman2014
samtheman2014 Senior Member • Posts: 4,571
Re: Micro eyes?

Midwest wrote:

Mark Rosen wrote:

When I travel with my EM1 II and 12-100 lens... and see the hoards of Canikon cameras around me (usually with less than stellar lenses)

You really get a good enough look at all these 'hoards' (your spelling) of Canikons to identify which of their lenses are the 'less than stellar' ones? You know by sight which lens models are 'less than stellar'? Which lenses are those? No fair looking them up now. And don't say 'kit lenses' because they are usually entirely adequate for typical users.

To be honest I think you pulled that 'less than stellar lenses' comment right out of... the air.

, I know I have some of the best technology in my hands, with the ultimate potential for creativity...

I am sure your EM1 can take wonderful photos.

Even the idea of carrying a full frame monster with me, leaves me exhausted. No I do not think m4/3 is about to go away... at least not yet...

It's not like a FF camera weighs 20 pounds, really. Perhaps you're frail.

I wonder what a truly equivalent  to the 12-200mm  on FF a  24-200mm F/8 would weigh in at . The "faster" equivalent  Sony 24-200mm weighs in at 760g attached to my A7R II for a total weight of 3 pounds in old money that is an almost unbearable half a pound more than the Olympus E-M1 II + 12-100mm combo . Only Hercules could consider such a mighty combo , thank god equivalence does not exist here 

However, someday the technology of image capture, will change dramatically. And it will be a whole new game.

That may well be.

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling

samtheman2014's gear list:samtheman2014's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
sbu
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow