Mac and Pixma Pro-100 mystery purple cast

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
a13z New Member • Posts: 5
Mac and Pixma Pro-100 mystery purple cast

I used to print perfectly with my Canon Pixma Pro-100 from my Mac running OSX 10.11. Then I updated to 10.12 and also switched to using Precision Colors inks. Now every print has a purple cast to it. I figured it was a double profiling issue, but I have tried every setting I can think of with no luck.

The only setting that prints without the purple cast is if I select "Plain Paper" from the Quality & Media print menu. Can anyone shed light on why that is the only option that removes the purple cast? See the photo for a comparison of what normal printing looks like (top with purple cast) compared to what Plain Paper setting yields (this is a sample of gray shades printed on regular printer paper from Aperture).

The only other odd thing I can think of is that when I look at the print preview image in Aperture, I can sometimes see that different color profiles do show the purple cast and others do not. Sometimes, the purple cast will display briefly on the screen before it previews appropriate colors. Regardless of my setting, the purple cast always comes unless I select "Plain Paper" as described above.

Notes about my setup:

Mac OS X 10.12

Application: Aperture, but the purple cast shows up when printing from Preview, Photos, and Pixelmator as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Aperture from the App Store.

Image: Every image I print, including color test images, has a purple cast unless I select Plain Paper.

Paper: The actual media I have tried include Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and Red River Greeting Cards 60 lb Polar Matte as well as plain printer paper.

Color Profile: I have tried setting the color profile in Aperture to "Printer Managed" as well as selecting any of the ICC output profiles, including Canon, Precision Colors, and Red River profiles. When selecting "Printer Managed," I have also selected ColorSync as well as Canon Color Matching. All yield the same purple cast unless I change the paper setting to Plain Paper under the "Quality & Media" menu.

Connection: I am printing via USB cable, but I have also experimented with reinstalling the printer via Canon IJ Network Tool (not using Bonjour).

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow