Cannon rebel t7i vs Sl2

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jpet New Member • Posts: 1
Cannon rebel t7i vs Sl2

Hello,

I am looking to purchase my first DSLR camera. My husband and I love to travel and are about to have a baby. I went to a local camera store and they recommended the SL2 instead of the t7i. I am new to photography but want something that we will be happy with for several years to come. I by no means will be taking professional level photos but want a camera that will be able to capture good photos of our family and document our vacations. I like the smaller body of the SL2, but am definitely willing to spend more $$ if it would be beneficial. From the reading that I've done the main difference between the two cameras is the 45 vs 9 point auto-focus. Is this a significant improvement? I hope to learn more about DLSR photography and maybe even take a few classes, but will probably often be shooting in the auto-focus mode. Should I buy a t7i or stick with an SL2. Is there a higher quality camera that I should consider? Mainly, I want to be able to get great photos of our (future) kiddos.

Thank you!

Johanna

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9) Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow