An idea for creativity with too many lenses...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zuikowesty
zuikowesty Veteran Member • Posts: 3,577
An idea for creativity with too many lenses...

I have several boxes of vintage lenses that I have been slowly trying out, usually shooting a few similar scenes, like closeups with various backgrounds to sample the bokeh, distant trees against the sky from wide open to f/11 to test sharpness and CA, and some flare testing with the sun or indoor lights. Pretty boring stuff, which is why the lenses have sat for months and I've still not tried them all.

I've decided I will choose one lens each morning on my walk to work, and just shoot with it, and see what happens. If I can't get a pleasing result on the way to or from work (about 7 minutes each way, but with lots of photo ops), I'll move on to the next lens, but in any case, I will try to find at least one example that shows the typical character of the lens.

To be fair, this would be a better test on a FF body like an A7, but I don't have one, so my E-M5ii will have to do. The lenses I have range from 28 to 600mm in FL (quite a few cheap zooms, but I will leave those for last), so I will start with the short ones, as the longer ones will prove challenging, and there's no way I'm carrying the 600mm beyond my back yard!

Stay tuned, this might be fun!

zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus Stylus Tough 3000 +15 more
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow