What's THE best bang for the buck wide angle 2.8 lens?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,342
What's THE best bang for the buck wide angle 2.8 lens?

Hi guys,

I'm starting to look or plan for a wide angle lens. I don't do landscapes. What I do is indoor events of dancing people and I'm very often in tight spaces and the widest lens I have been using is my 28 1.8 and often I wish I can show more stuff in my frame of everything else that going on, all the people in the scene.

I would say that I would not be using this particular FL very very often, actually let me rephrase that, I will use it often but I would only take a few shots here and there, and maybe to get a little "artistic".

I'm really on a tight budget and would like to know if there is anything out there that will make me very happy. Mmmmm, not that I think about it, maybe even a manual focus lens from Samyang? Not sure what they got right not and I'll look into it, but if there is something pretty good that is AF I would prefer that.

To be honest, I have never used a very wide angle lens on FF and I guess I would prefer an variable focal length so that I can have more flexibility.

What do you have in mind?

Thanks.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K-1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow