Tear Sheets and Digital Work?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
briarburns New Member • Posts: 2
Tear Sheets and Digital Work?

Hello!

I'm reaching out because I'm looking at applying to work with some large publications and a lot of them are requesting tear sheets.

Some background for context: I'm a photojournalist with a focus/specialization on the music industry. I work with multiple publications freelance at the moment, taking photos of concerts and doing editorial/behind the scenes work with artists. I've been published in online publications exclusively at this point, though come November I'm going to have one of my photos on the cover of a magazine as the artist feature for that month.

Because I've worked almost exclusively for online/digital publications I don't have any tear sheets in the typical sense (or at least in my understanding), but I've been featured numerous times and have worked with decently well recognized and respected (online) publications. I'm looking to start working with some bigger names in the industry, but I'm unsure about how (or what) to include when they ask for tear sheets.

Do I need to wait until I have stuff in print? Or should I send in the stuff I've done online?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow