Is micro four thirds on its way out?

Started Sep 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
Bobby J Veteran Member • Posts: 4,804
Re: Is micro four thirds on its way out?

My thinking is that as sensor tech improves and performance capability grows, smaller cameras will replace larger cameras.  I think there will always be a spot for Professional photographers with what we refer as "full frame", but I think they will be  used for special situations...like I used to use my huge old Mamyia RB-67 years ago.

I believe the micro 4:3 cameras might take the role 35mm had during the old film days and I would expect a working pro to have cameras and lenses in both formats.

I think the people who do the most photography... John Q. Snapshooter..will use his telephone.  Most already do.

It's funny to me that we used to think of "Medium Format"  i.e. 6x6 and 6x7 as big cameras, and 35mm as our normal daily use tool.  Now we call 35mm "Full Frame" and I think of that as a "Big" camera and my m4:3 as a normal daily use tool.

Before all this, the 8x10 view camera was the "big" camera and a 4x5 view camera was the small, daily use machine.

As time goes by cameras get smaller and smaller.  At least that's how it seems t me.  For some reason as time goes by, most of us get larger and larger! HA!

-- hide signature --

BJM

Bobby J's gear list:Bobby J's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
sbu
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow