[BAGS] Manfrotto Pro Light: Bumblebee-230 vs 3N1-36

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Comalv New Member • Posts: 13
[BAGS] Manfrotto Pro Light: Bumblebee-230 vs 3N1-36

Hey, wanted some opinions from owners of these bags or similar ones. I've had a Lowepro Fastpack 350 for more than 6 years now, but I wanted to upgrade for 2 main reasons:
- the side pocket no longer allows for easy extraction of my camera as I switched from a Nikon D3100 to a Nikon D800 with Battery Grip, so now it is only a security threat

-the straps are getting a bit worn out and the back is not super breathable which means I get a sweat patch on my back after about 1 hour of normal carrying it around.

Things that need to go in the bag:
-Small 17" laptop (should fit in both as both have bigger laptop room than the Lowepro)

-Nikon D850 with grip with 70-200 attached

-24-70 + 2 primes

-9.7" Tablet

-2 flash units

-spare batteries, cleaning kit and small personal stuff

The Bumblebee would be good for lots of extra room in case I buy new lenses, breathable back piece. It looks bad for the additional weight (almost 1Kg heavier than the lowepro), thin straps in some reviews here on this forums (when it was still made by Kata), and that it might not be allowed as a carry-on bag with some companies (not a huge problem, I only fly once a year nowdays)

The 3n1-36 would be good for a more compact size and weight, possibility to use it with just one strap so I can use my camera strap (Rapid Pro) in the opposite direction. The bad would be that it still seems to have a side opening which would still pose the same problem as the Lowepro, it doesn't seem to be able to hold more gear than the Lowepro (although it's deeper so the camera with the grip should fit a bit more comfortably), and that the back part doesn't seem more breathable/comfortable than the Lowepro.
Price is not an issue (within these 2 products at least).

Comalv's gear list:Comalv's gear list
Sony RX100 V Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +5 more
Nikon D3100 Nikon D800 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow