Silky Water Photos

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RGR28 New Member • Posts: 1
Silky Water Photos

I need some help from the Luminx community.

I have a brand new Lumix ZS70, a really good little camera, however apparently there is something wrong with it.

So here it is the issue. I want to take a silky water photos. OK So I know that I need to set my ISO to 100 or close depending on the light, this is not the issue. Ok so I also wanted to shot with the highest F stop in this case the max this camera supports which is F8 and at least slower that 1” sec or .5” or ¼”.

So Ok the camera defaults to electronic shutter which will not allow me to shot slower than a 1” so I need to take off the electronic shutter by place the camera in Silent Mode of OFF, place the camera in M mode then set it to F8 and then set my speed to slower than 1” . so then take the picture, then after it turn off the sound and go back to my other settings or whatever. (Time consuming) .

1) I wish that Panasonic will make available a SCN setting for that kind of photo taking, but that is a wishful thinking because manufactures from any kind normally don’t any desire to provide more to consumers that the marketing team tell them.

2) So face with this I am asking you all’s help. Can I create a macro that can be stored on a custom setting the steps to select C1 that will run the macro to remove the sound set the settings then after that I can take the pictures and place the camera again with the sound off and back to normal?

3) Another is to be able to create a SCN myself that I can place into the Camera something like Canon chdk.

4) Or even a way to let Panasonic know so they can create a new SCN for this situation on a updated firmware.

Thanks

Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (Lumix DC-TZ90)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow