Colour Temperature Meter

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TomCon New Member • Posts: 1
Colour Temperature Meter

Hello,

New to this forum; I hope this is the correct place for my post.

I was hoping for a bit of advice on colour temperature meters, but it is not for photography purposes. I work in the events industry, and we often need to match printed colours with painted colours for our productions. Issue is that if you match these colours under different lighting conditions (particularly different colour temperature lighting) to where your event will be, then they can sometimes look very different to what you were expecting.

What I am looking for is a colour temperature meter so that I can take a reading of the lighting in the event space, and then with that reading, use a adjustable colour temperature light to match the colours under the correct lighting conditions.

After doing a bit of research, there seems to be a couple of products on the market - Kenko KCM 3100 and Sekonic C-500, both of which are quite expensive and seem as though they are professional devices for photography. Does anyone know whether either of these products are suitable for our requirement, or if there are any other products which are more suitable? We don't need anything that's got loads of other features, all we need is an accurate Kelvin reading.

Any advice would be appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow