Is micro four thirds on its way out?

Started Sep 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
petreluk Senior Member • Posts: 1,454
Re: Nope

Ab Latchin wrote:

In fact, with at least 4 companies producing various types of bodies with the same mount, and countless lens manufacturers... I think the mount is quite safe for years to come.

Some of the features found on current m43rds cameras are class leading, especially when you consider the pricepoint of the bodies, and the lenses being produces are truly exceptional.

That's interesting.

According to Wikipedia (so it must be correct, lol): "The Micro Four Thirds system (MFT or M4/3) is a standard released by Olympus and Panasonic in 2008, for the design and development of mirrorless interchangeable lens digital cameras, camcorders and lenses. Camera bodies are available from Blackmagic, DJI, JVC, Kodak, Olympus, Panasonic, and Xiaomi. MFT lenses are produced by Cosina Voigtländer, DJI, Kowa, Kodak, Mitakon, Olympus, Panasonic, Samyang, Sigma, SLR Magic, Tamron, Tokina, Veydra, and Xiaomi, amongst others."

That's a lot more than one thinks since Oly and Panny always tend to dominate the headlines.

I'm not fussed personally because I think M43 will be around for some years and M43 provides all I need for the moment. The camera market is bound to change significantly over the next five years as DSLRs give more way to mirrorless cameras, new tech comes along, etc. But it would be a brave man who could predict the likely result in terms of what flourishes and what doesn't.

Yes, some of the features and some of the lenses are amazingly good, imho.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
sbu
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow