Epson P800 Print Permanence Question

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
- Ken - Contributing Member • Posts: 506
Epson P800 Print Permanence Question

According to Epson P800 marketing information the "Epson UltraChrome HD Inks deliver vivid color, superior black density and significantly improved print longevity". The part of the statement that I want to understand is "significantly improved print longevity". I can not find any information at www.wilhelm-research.com on the P800. If anyone has a link to the Epson P800 print permanence ratings, please share.

I can find information on the Epson 7900 using Epson UltraChrome HD Inks. In terms of print longevity, would these permanence measurements be applied to the Epson P800 UltraChrome HD Inks?

I am interested in the color print ratings. Wilhelm states in the 7900 results: "Tests to date indicate that with color images, UltraCHrome, UltraChrome K3, and UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta, and ULtraChrome HDR inks have similar permanence characteristics."

Wilhelm shows Epson 7900 using Epson UltraChrome HD Inks - Epson Ultra Smooth Fine Art paper life 108 years (normal glass). It also shows the same exact result for the Epson 3800 UltraChrome K3 inks.

If these ratings can be applied to the P800, then the Epson P800 claim needs some clarification. The reason is that Epson P800 marketing says "significantly improved print longevity", but compared to what? If the longevity of the 7900 UltraChrome HD inks, are the same as the P800 UltraChrome HD inks, and the 7900 UltraChrome HD inks give the same longevity as the 3800 UltraChrome K3 inks, as indicated by Wilhelm, what does Epson mean when it says the P800 has "significantly improved print longevity'? Perhaps the statement mainly applies to prints in the B&W mode?

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow