d750 20mm f1.8 heavy vignetting

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jpat1 New Member • Posts: 17
d750 20mm f1.8 heavy vignetting

im relatively new to photography and have recently upgraded to a d750 with a nikon 20mmf1.8 lens that i bought specifically for astrophotography.

i tested it for the first time tonight at the beach, there is a quite a lot of light pollution (huntington beach, california) and after i got home and uploaded to my computer, i noticed there was a lot of vignetting in all of the test shots i took.

using manual mode, i had aperture at 1.8 while varying iso 800-1000 and shutter speed 1-6 seconds, focus was at infinity

the center of the image was noticeable brighter than other parts of the image in the majority of my dark sky shots (20).

i did shoot some sunset and dusk photos (at f1.8) with which there was no noticeable vignetting.

i dont think this is normal, but would like to hear what more experienced users thoughts and comments

i read if i stop down the aperture that may assist but i didn't notice it on liveview, so i'll need to go back out if thats a reasonable solution.

thank you in advance!

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow