Voigtlaender 40 f/1.2 is here (at least in Japan) and it's not the old 35 f/1.2 Nokton design!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 4,105
Voigtlaender 40 f/1.2 is here (at least in Japan) and it's not the old 35 f/1.2 Nokton design!!

Hi guys,

one of my most awaited lenses is here - well it will be available in a few weeks probably.

And the good news is that it's definitely not the design of the existing Nokton 35 f/1.2 II from Voigtlaender!!

top CV40 f/1.2 - bottom CV35 35 f/1.2 Nokton for Leica mount (8 vs 10 lenses)

price is some 1200 USD (except taxes) or roughly 1400 EUR in Europe (assumption from my side)

Looks very promising and we still have to see what Sigma brings - I hope they will do their 35 f/1.2 lens including AF too - I'll wait till the end of the year maximum - in case we don't see a FE mount lens from Sigma I'll definitely pull the trigger for the MF CV 40 f/1.2 - this is the only travel lens that's missing for me and definitely a nice offering - and the CV shows that small, lightweight and compact fast primes can be made for FE mount.

Only 420 g and super compact!!

What's your opinion (beside it's MF "only") ?

(this is the Japanese link )

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 ASPH Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Zeiss Loxia 35 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow