Figuring out how I want to get into Olympus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FallenLeaf Photography
FallenLeaf Photography Regular Member • Posts: 219
Figuring out how I want to get into Olympus

So I've set my sights on switching from Canon to Olympus, specifically the E-M1 Mkii once finances allow, and a Mki or E-M5 Mii/i until then. This is for many reasons, but in short it fits my more demanding all-terrain/environment needs.  My budget is pretty limited however so I have a few questions to help get me into an Olympus.

Firstly, do they ever sell their body's with a kit lens? I don't seem to be seeing this anywhere.  It looks like there is some chance to get fairly low cost good condition lenses on Ebay, if they can be trusted, so I'm not too worried but it would help to know at least.

Also, does Olympus do much in participating with black friday/cyber monday?  Especially with their refurbished models, I'd love to find a mark 1 of the E-M 1/5 for now.

Where do you buy your Olympus cameras?  My budget fancies buying at somewhere like Adorama, especially when some of their warranties appear to be better than the one that Olympus offers on it's new cameras.

Thanks!

FallenLeaf Photography's gear list:FallenLeaf Photography's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow