Flying with cameras in 2017

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mostlylost Regular Member • Posts: 475
Flying with cameras in 2017

We haven't needed to fly international with our camera equipment since May, just weeks before the most recent change in security screening policy for electronics. I'm curious what people's experiences have been since that time. Mostly international, but USA domestic also.

The next time we fly my wife will likely carry her D800e and lenses and I'll fly with a medium format rig for the first time. We have previously had no issues with getting all our Nikon stuff into just a personal item each, with the carryon reserved for clothing and such. In case we ended up having to gate check something it would not have valuables in it.

Next time, cramming the MF stuff into a personal item may be challenging and I'm hoping someone might have some relevant recent experience.

And in a somewhat similar vein, I note that American does not allow carryon luggage on some flights to Miami. Presumably they still allow the personal item but I have not investigated. Any experience?

Thanx.

-- hide signature --

But to be honest, it's probably the unicorns.

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow