Ipad Pro 12.9 2017 makes photography more fun than my camera.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Regular Member • Posts: 305
Ipad Pro 12.9 2017 makes photography more fun than my camera.

I thought long and hard about where to post this, but figured I would keep here in the m43 forum because the ipad is the great equilizer.   Watching my pictures on my phone, tablet and laptop (with an old screen) had me thinking I needed another camera.  I have used many lenses in m43, and while I could see the sharpness in the photos on these devices, the pictures didn't POP.

So I buy the ipad because I need a video editor for my kids games, and Luma Fusion (which is dynamite), was suggested and its perfect.  I also wanted something to develop RAW so I added Snapseed and Affinity Photo.  And when I opened my photos up on the ipad everything popped!  It was awesome!  It made me want to take more pictures.

But I still felt like my photos weren't up to standard.  I and several parents take pictures of the game, and they are shared on Shutterfly.  I look at my pictures (taken with m43) and their's (taken with Full Frame) and some of my pictures look better!

The wonderful thing is I also have GREAT 1080/60 video that looks wonderful.  And when I combine digital zooming, and the smallish 35-100 f4, I look like a rube, but my results say I am a pro!

Lastly while I am waiting for my kids to come out, I can start importing and editing the videos while I am waiting.  Its a great set up!

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow