35mm 1.4 I vs Sigma 35mm art 1.4 on 6D

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Austin7642 Forum Member • Posts: 51
35mm 1.4 I vs Sigma 35mm art 1.4 on 6D

So I know the Sigma Art has a history of back focusing issues, which led me to buy a 35mm 1.4 I instead. From what I have heard both are of the same sharpness and optical quality roughly until 2.8. If it were possible, how much better could the Sigma art be percentage wise compared to the Canon 35mm from 2.6 to 1.4? I'm asking primarily out of curiosity, since each lens seem to otherwise have their own pros and cons.

For what it is worth adding, the 35mm I managed to buy was under $700 and is in like new condition. I plan to keep the lens until I either upgrade to the mark ii or if I find the 24-70mm ii to be a more versatile replacement somewhere in the future. For now, I plan to use this lens mostly for low light and when I want better optical quality than what my 24-105mm f4 can offer. I'm also excited to pair this lens with my 135mm and 100mm l macro for future ventures.

Austin7642's gear list:Austin7642's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow