D810 - strange "noise" on images. SD-Card or sensor problem?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tompallesenphoto com Junior Member • Posts: 45
D810 - strange "noise" on images. SD-Card or sensor problem?

Hi there.

I'm searching for an answer on this strange "feature" on images from a D810.

History is:

Sold my 3 year old D810 with a shuttercount on 15.000 clicks. Waiting for my new D850. Never had any problems with the camera. Today the guy who bought the camera called me and asked if I ever had experienced strange noise patterns on my images. I have attached two pictures he send me. Look at the horizontal noise - like a television with no signal. He told me it appeared on 2-3 images out of approx. 500. He is using af 64 gb SD card (not sold by me and hence never used in the camera before). He called a Nikon Service Center in Denmark. They told him it could be a faulty sensor. I think that it highly unlikely due to the fact that I have never had a faulty raw-file on the 15.000 photos I took with the camera. Could it be a faulty memory card? Other things? (USB-cable from camera to PC; the cable I provided him has never been used/tested before).

Ideas are welcome... for me it is a bit annoying selling a camera that has never caused me any troubles and then this appears shortly after the new ownership.

"Noise" in the middle

"Noise" in the bottom

Kind regards Tom

Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow