******Results: Challenge # 251 Local Life *********

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
draacor
draacor Senior Member • Posts: 1,420
******Results: Challenge # 251 Local Life *********

First I would like to apologize for not sending this out sooner. I marked the wrong date on my calendar to check. Oh well There were many great entries in this challenge but a few really spoke to me the locale of where it was taken as well as showcasing the life.

3. Herbymel - Exhibition - Local Singer and fans

Bald Eagles can be easy to set the stage of where it is. However, attempting to shoot them myself a few months back made me realize how difficult it is to actually get a good shot of them. This is a wonderful example of a great shot of an iconic eagle and definitely represents the north west in all its splendor

2. Damnerd - Central Utah's Don Quixote?

Another great shot. The wind turbines in the back really set the place of where this was. I was thinking to myself this has to be either California or Utah, but then after seeing the antelope figured it was Utah or close to it.

And the Winner is!!

Full Frame - Wakodahatchee; Delray Beach FL

When I saw this, Florida immediately came to mind even without reading the title. I love the silhouettes of the birds and the sunset in the background. What really amazed me about this photo is just how little there is to go on to determine location but its just enough to be obvious. This fit in perfectly with the theme I was trying for with this challenge and is the reason why I chose it as the winner, congrats Full Frame, the next challenge is yours!!

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow