Suggestion: Crowdfunding the Creation of a Traditonal DSLR style Full Frame SD2 Merrill

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Troy Howard New Member • Posts: 2
Suggestion: Crowdfunding the Creation of a Traditonal DSLR style Full Frame SD2 Merrill

Wouldn't we really like to see an SD2 Merrill with a mirror box that has 100% view, a good LCD on the body for reviewing (forget live view... past masters didn't need it and neither do we), and a shutter assembly like the SD1 in a full frame body with a full frame sensor with the same resolution as the SD1 full color resolution RGB design? Updated CPU's could handle the data with vastly increased performance and write it to the much faster full size SD cards of 2017, and a 35mm size Foveon sensor would afford us better exposure latitude. Also, I'd be thrilled to have completely unlocked bulb mode, for night time tripod shooting that would give me clean ISO 400 shots.

Sigma is a family owned company who may like to go their own way, but frankly this idea strikes me as one that they might appreciate. If all Foveon fans banded together to chip in to a crowdfunding or kick-starter account, and committed to buying these camera bodies if their prototype, perhaps they would respond to us, especially if we stress the memory of Mr. Merrill.

How would we go about doing this?

I'd love to hear any and all market/engineering/aesthetic ideas, criticisms, and concerns...

Troy Howard's gear list:Troy Howard's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Canon ELPH 300 HS Olympus E-3 Olympus E-30
Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow