Which flash for Nikon D750?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JanPlanicka New Member • Posts: 3
Which flash for Nikon D750?

Hello,

I have tried to find an answer for this question but I hadn't be succesfull, so sorry for maybe duplicite thread.

I have Nikon D750 with some speed primes (20/1.8, 35/1.4, 85/1.8) and 24-120 kit lens. I am photographing events, reports, landscapes and some portraits. I have two Yongnuo flashes without TTL (think 560 type), just for try some fun. But now I need good and reliable flash with TTL because when reporting or photographing event I can't use manual flash with sucess.

If possible I don't want to spend like 400$ for original Nikon SB900 or 910. I can buy used one or some from ebay. And this is the question. Which one is good enough - easy tu use, reliable, not so battery draining, sufficiently strong to light a part of church for example etc.? And I would like to take one, that will can have master mode for radio controll other flashes (f.eg. those two Yongnuo with external radio control on tripod). And what is important, I need it user friendly - heard that Nissin is good but with terrible controls.

I have found some types - which one I would have to buy?

Nikon SB900 or 910 - yet used, is it the best choice?

Nikon SB700 - they say that used SB700 would be in better condition, because not used so much by profesionals, and it is sufficiently strong and with features

Yongnuo YN685 - nice prize, full of abilities, but they say that it drains batteries very fast (http://www.ebay.com/itm/YONGNUO-YN685-YN-685-N-TTL-Wireless-Blitz-Blitzgerat-Speedlite-fur-Nikon-622N-DE-/142006904062?hash=item21104564fe:g:N24AAOSwImRYNnO3)

Flashpoint / GODOX V860II - interesting possibility with Li-Ion battery and good power but the prize is around 200$ too = just same as used SB900 (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Flashpoint+Zoom+Li-on+Manual+R2+On-Camera+Flash+Speedlight+V860II&_sacat=0)

Metz, Nissin etc.? Or any other variant like new SB900 because it is just the best all around option..?

Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad english.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow