Another D500 firmware update problem

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Janet Zinn
Janet Zinn Veteran Member • Posts: 4,406
Another D500 firmware update problem

I am unable to update my D500 firmware from 1.12 to 1.13. I have tried several times and it just locks up on the "Warning...do not turn camera off..." screen. I've let it run for up to 20 minutes on that screen. The progress bar did not move at all, it was as if nothing at all was happening.

I finally had to turn off the camera and even remove the card and the only way to get off of this screen was to remove the battery. Fortunately at that point no apparent damage was done to the existing firmware and the camera is still operable.

I have tried updating from both the XQD card and the SD card, to no avail. I have tried re-downloading the Firmware update and trying from scratch. Nothing works--it always just gets stuck on the warning screen.

Each time I have to pull out the battery to get back to a menu.

I have updated firmware on numerous Nikon DSLRs including this D500 many, many times so I do know how to do it.

Any thoughts?

Janet Zinn's gear list:Janet Zinn's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D500
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BPB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow